This product's ingredients are grown, sown, milled and packaged in the USA.
Dried black beans
1. Spread out beans and remove any foreign particles.
2. Wash beans in cold water.
3. Cover beans with about 2 inches of water and soak as follows:
Boil beans in water for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and soak one hour.
Overnight Method (Preferred):
Boil beans in water for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and soak 4 hours or overnight.
4. Drain soak water and replace with fresh water. (Beans are more easily digested if soak water is discarded.)
5. Add 1 tsp. salt for each cup of beans, if desired. If cooking with salt pork or other seasonings, reduce salt. You may also use either of the two seasoning methods below:
Traditional method: in a large pot add 6 cups of cold water to each pound of drained and rinsed soaked beans. Add 2 tsp. shortening or oil and 2 tsp salt.
Savory method: follow traditional method above, but substitute 2 tsp. onion salt and 1/4 tsp. garlic salt for the plain salt. Add 1 tsp. chicken stock base or 3 or 4 chicken bouillon cubes and 1/4 tsp. white pepper.
6. Cook beans, covered, over low heat for about 2 hours or until tender, add a little more water if necessary to keep beans covered. Taste for salt. NOTE: Boil beans gently and stir very little to prevent breaking skins.
Slow Cooker Method:
Follow directions above, but cook the drained beans covered in water in a slow cooker on low for 7-8 hours.
*Click for microwave instructions
One cup dry beans makes about 2-1/2 cups cooked beans.
NOTE: This product is grown in nature's earth. Although handled by the latest modern mechanical methods, it is sometimes impossible to remove all foreign material. Check carefully before preparing. Thanks!
Note: this product is grown in nature's earth. Although handled by the latest modern mechanical methods, it is sometimes impossible to remove all foreign material. Check carefully before preparing. Thanks!
|Serving Size: 0.25 cup (Dry) (38g)
Servings Per Container 9 (12 oz. pkg.)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 70||Calories from Fat 0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 23g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 15g||60%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs.|
|UPC Code||Package Size||Case Qty.|