This product's ingredients are grown, sown, milled and packaged in the USA.
White Corn Meal and Wheat Flour Enriched with Vitamins (Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid) and Iron, Onion Flakes, Leavening (Baking Powder containing Baking Soda, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate, Monocalcium Phosphates), Whey, Salt, Dried Whole Egg, Sugar, Garlic, Pepper and Monosodium Glutamate.
- Measure 1 cup Dixie Lily Hush Puppy Mix into a bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. water and stir. Let stand 10 minutes without stirring. *Add Jalapeños, onion & cheese to batter for spice.
- Drop teaspoon into skillet of hot cooking oil where fish has been fried. Oil does not have to be deep: 1/4 inch is enough.
- Turn once when brown on one side and brown other side.
- Drain on absorbent paper. Serve hot with fish.
To DEEP FAT FRY: Heat cooking oil to 375°. Follow mixing directions above and drop from teaspoon into hot oil.
NOTE: One cup of mix dropped from a teaspoon makes about 30 hush puppies. For larger hush puppies, drop mix from a tablespoon. Dip spoon in water between each dropping of batter.
|Serving Size 0.25 cup (28g)
Servings Per Container 24 (24 oz. pkg.)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 9||Calories from Fat 10|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 1.5g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 20g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs.|
|UPC Code||Package Size||Case Qty.|
|54449||24 oz. / 1.5 lb.||12|