This product's ingredients are grown, sown, milled and packaged in the USA.
Dried pinto beans.
1. Spread out beans and remove any foreign particles.
2.Wash beans in cold water.
3. Cover beans with about 2 inches of water and soak as follows:
Boil beans in water for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and soak one hour.
Overnight Method (Preferred):
Boil beans in water for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and soak 4 hours or overnight.
4. Drain soak water and replace with fresh water. (Beans are more easily digested if soak water is discarded.)
5. Add 1 teaspoon salt for each cup of beans, if desired. If cooking with salt pork or other seasonings, reduce salt.
6. Cook beans, covered, over low heat for about 2 hours or until tender, add a little more water if necessary. Taste for salt.
NOTE: Boil beans gently and stir very little to prevent breaking skins.
One cup dry beans makes about 2-1/2 cups cooked beans.
Slow Cooker Method:
Follow directions above, but cook the drained beans covered in water in a slow cooker on low for 7-8 hours.
Note: this product is grown in nature's earth. Although handled by the latest modern mechanical methods, it is sometimes impossible to remove all foreign material. Check carefully before preparing. Thanks!
|Serving Size: 0.25 cup (dry) (36g)
Servings Per Package: 10 (32 oz. pkg.)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 60||Calories from Fat 0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 22g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 14g||56%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs.|
|UPC Code||Package Size||Case Qty.|