Dried green split peas
Cooking Directions – Split Pea Soup
These beans have been mechanically split and as a result do not require soaking and cook faster. When cooked they will break apart leaving a thickened soup.
1. Spread out beans and remove any foreign particles.
2. Wash beans in cold water.
3. Place is a sauce pan with 2 cups of water. Add ham hocks (but you may use any thick sliced ham, or other meat), sliced carrots and chopped onion. (Crumbled fried bacon, sautéed onion, bell pepper and celery may also be added.)
4. Cover and cook on medium for 1 hour.
5. Bring to low and add spices: white pepper, thyme, sage and salt. Simmer for 30 more minutes and enjoy with some crusty French bread on a cold winter evening!
NOTE: This product is grown in nature’s earth. Although handled by the latest modern mechanical methods, it is sometimes impossible to remove all foreign material. Check carefully before preparing. Thanks!
|Serving Size: 0.25 cup (35g)
Servings Per Container: 10 (12 oz. pkg.)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 100||Calories from Fat 0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 0.5g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 21g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||24%|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This product’s ingredients are grown, sown, milled and packaged in the USA.
|UPC Code||Package Size||Case Qty.|