Dried baby lima beans.
1. Spread out beans and remove any foreign particles.
2. Wash beans in cold water.
3. Cover beans with about 2 inches of water and soak as follows:
Boil beans in water for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and soak one hour.
Overnight Method (Preferred):
Boil beans in water for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and soak 4 hours or overnight.
4. Drain soak water and replace with fresh water. (Beans are more easily digested if soak water is discarded.)
5. Add 1 tsp. salt for each cup of beans, if desired. If cooking with salt pork or other seasonings, reduce salt. You may also use either of the two seasoning methods below:
Traditional method: in a large pot add 6 cups of cold water to each pound of drained and rinsed soaked beans. Add 2 tsp. shortening or oil and 2 tsp salt.
Savory method: follow traditional method above, but substitute 2 tsp. onion salt and 1/4 tsp. garlic salt for the plain salt. Add 1 tsp. chicken stock base or 3 or 4 chicken bouillon cubes and 1/4 tsp. white pepper.
6. Cook beans, covered, over low heat for about 2 hours or until tender, add a little more water if necessary to keep beans covered. Taste for salt. NOTE: Boil beans gently and stir very little to prevent breaking skins.
*Click for microwave instructions
*Click for pressure cooker instructions
One cup dry beans makes about 2-1/2 cups cooked beans.
NOTE: This product is grown in nature’s earth. Although handled by the latest modern mechanical methods, it is sometimes impossible to remove all foreign material. Check carefully before preparing. Thanks!
|Serving Size: 0.25 cup (38g)
Servings Per Container: 9 (12 oz. pkg.)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 70||Calories from Fat 0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 24g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 15g||60%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs.|
This product’s ingredients are grown, sown, milled and packaged in the USA.
|UPC Code||Package Size||Case Qty.|