- 1 cup of yellow Dixie Lily cornmeal
- 1 cup of sifted plain flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of milk
- ¼ cup of cooking oil or melted shortening
- ¼ cup of sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease muffin cups.
- Sift cornmeal batter, sugar, and flour.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg with a fork enough to blend the yolk and white.
- Stir milk and shortening into the egg.
- Add dry ingredients and blend. Beat until smooth.
- Grease the muffin pan and add the mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.