- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup Dixie Lily yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon peel
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter , melted, cooled
- 1 pint blueberries , washed and gently dried
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F.
- Butter bundt pan; coat with cornmeal.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt in large bowl; whisk to blend.
- Whisk buttermilk, eggs, lemon peel, and vanilla in small bowl.
- Pour buttermilk mixture and melted butter into flour mixture.
- Gently fold liquids into flour mixture until just blended (do not stir).
- Spread evenly in pan. Add blueberries.
- Bake cake about 30 minutes, until it springs back when gently touched.
- Let cool.
- Combine powdered sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla extract in a small bowl.
- Stir with spoon until smooth and paste-like, adding more lemon juice by 1/2 teaspoonfuls if glaze is too thick to spread.
- Pour over the cake.