- 1 ½ cups of quinoa
- 1 ½ cup of cooked red kidney beans
- 1 ½ cup of lentils
- 1 can of corn
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- ½ a small chopped red onion
- 1 chopped avocado
- 3 cups water
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- ¼ cup of chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- ¼ cup of lime juice
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of chili powder
- Follow the directions on the package for red kidney beans and lentils.
- Set both aside and allow to cool.
- Rinse quinoa under cold water.
- Add water and quinoa to the pot and boil for 9-11 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once cooked, remove the quinoa and place in a bowl to cool.
- Combine cooked beans and quinoa once both are cooled.
- Add bell pepper, corn, red onion, avocado, garlic, and cilantro, and refrigerate.
- In a separate bowl, combine olive oil, lime juice, salt, and chili powder.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad.