1. Wash and sort beans.
2. For each pound of beans, add 6 cups of water in a 5-qt casserole along with any seasonings called for in the recipe.
3. Microwave at full power for 8-10 minutes or until boiling.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and/or casserole lid. Let stand 1 hour.
5. Stir several times and add hot water as needed to keep beans covered.
6. Cook at full power for 8-10 minutes or until boiling; reduce power level to 50% and cook another 15-20 minutes or until tender.
* Beans may also be soaked overnight and then cooked at full power for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
NOTE: Wattage and cooking temperatures of microwaves vary. Always consult the recipes and temperature directions developed for your microwave by the manufacturer.
5 Replies to “How To Microwave Dried Beans”