- 12 cups whole milk, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 reason salt
- 1 cup Dixie Lily long grain white rice
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup pecans
- ground cinnamon
- In a large saucepan, combine 11 cups milk, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Stir in Dixie Lily rice and reduce heat to low. (Adjust heat to a gentle simmer)
- Stirring occasionally, cook 50-60 minutes. Mixture should thicken to a yogurt like consistency.
- Once thickened, remove from heat and add vanilla and raisins.
- Let cool and then refrigerate. Stir in 1 cup milk before serving. Sprinkle with cinnamon and pecans if desired.