1 pound (2 cups) China Doll™ Light Red Kidney Beans
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup white or yellow onion, chopped
1/4 cup celery leaves, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
6 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
1 pound ham or sausage
3 cups uncooked China Doll™ rice
1/2 cup green onions, chopped, for garnish
1. Rinse and sort the beans.
2. Place oil into the pot and heat. Add two green onions, white or yellow onion, celery leaves, and garlic. Sauté until onion is tender but not browned.
3. Add beans, water, salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Stir well.
4. Bury ham pieces or sausage in beans.
5. Cook rice with water and salt according to package directions.
6. Serve beans over hot rice. Top each serving with a generous sprinkling of green onions.